Intro

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Saraswati

Intro

Post by Saraswati » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:55 am

Hi,

I have just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I was referred here by friend that believed I would benefit from being in communication with people who may better understand the impact past trauma in childhood can have especially in adulthood. I'm optimistic about this journey of healing and having hope for the future.
My motivation came from attempting to gain closure from one of my abusers and was totally knocked down and belittled. I am experiencing emotions which surprised and confused me even though I thought I would be ready for whatever outcome I got as long as I faced them head on. I have tried multiple outlets to deal with this but they never felt right.
Soo that's a summary of my story..... hopefully I haven't made a mistake in posting like this as I've never posted before.

Thank you for reading and allowing me to join

coconuts

Re: Intro

Post by coconuts » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 am

Welcome to our community. You did a great first post. Read along and share what you like. There are many different stories and paths to healing here. Nice thing is people here do understand the very real impacts of abuse and trauma.
Again welcome.

Watercolor

Post by Watercolor » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:13 am

A warm welcome to you, though I'm sorry for what brought you here, Saraswati. I hope writing and connecting with other survivors will help you!

Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 am

Hi and welcome Saraswati. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad that you are here.

With care,
Serenity

quixote

Post by quixote » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:10 am

Saraswatl,
Welcome. Glad you could make it. You are very brave to confront one of your abusers.
quixote

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:36 am

Hi Saraswati

Adding my welcome to the mix - glad you found us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org