Our site is set up to interface with the app called “Tapatalk” to allow you to have access from mobile devices. This app re-formats the site into a more mobile friendly layout that is optimized for small touch screens.
On the iPad and supported smartphones, you will find a box prompting you of the Tapatalk feature when you open isurvive from the device’s regular browser. You can click on that link to access it or search for it under your app purchasing program (e.g. iTunes).
The app is not free, but only costs £1.99 or $2.99*.
*Some users have tried to use the free version but they find a pop-up type advertisement each time they move between posts or forums*
The app has some nice features that allow for an easier interface to view the forum from a small mobile screen.
- • viewing by unread posts
• ease of reading without zooming/scrolling
• light or dark theme choice for easy reading by people with poor eye sight
• keeps track of your place if you need to close the app for a call or multitask
• can be used with other forums
Our trigger system is not currently accessible or viewable with the Tapatalk app so users should be mindful of their safety when viewing the site from the app. Also if you post from Tapatalk, your trigger will automatically be listed as MT. Please correct any triggers as soon as possible (from a computer) to help reduce the extra work this might cause our moderators. If you need to edit a post using the app, the trigger warning, even if set previously from a desktop, will actually be deleted.
Tapatalk has the ability to link to social sites: twitter/facebook. When first installing the app it asks if you would like to link to twitter. If somehow you miss this and select “ok” you will need to go to your device settings to protect your posts on isurvive from linking to twitter.
- • Go to your main settings
• Select Twitter
• Turn off Tapatalk
• To find isurvive in the app, click the function “search” in the app and enter: isurvive. Click on the result and you should see our forum.
• Tapatalk does allow for a pass code when logging in to give extra privacy on your device. You can access this option in Tapatalk’s settings.