Tapatalk for Mobile Devices

An area for important announcements and reminders regarding isurvive.
This section will keep you updated with what's going on within our organization.

Moderator: Jonesy

tommy

Tapatalk for Mobile Devices

Post by tommy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 am

Tapatalk app
Our site is set up to interface with the app called “Tapatalk” to allow you to have access from mobile devices. This app re-formats the site into a more mobile friendly layout that is optimized for small touch screens.

On the iPad and supported smartphones, you will find a box prompting you of the Tapatalk feature when you open isurvive from the device’s regular browser. You can click on that link to access it or search for it under your app purchasing program (e.g. iTunes).
The app is not free, but only costs £1.99 or $2.99*.

*Some users have tried to use the free version but they find a pop-up type advertisement each time they move between posts or forums*

Features
The app has some nice features that allow for an easier interface to view the forum from a small mobile screen.
Features include:
  • • viewing by unread posts
    • ease of reading without zooming/scrolling
    • light or dark theme choice for easy reading by people with poor eye sight
    • keeps track of your place if you need to close the app for a call or multitask
    • can be used with other forums
Trigger System
Our trigger system is not currently accessible or viewable with the Tapatalk app so users should be mindful of their safety when viewing the site from the app. Also if you post from Tapatalk, your trigger will automatically be listed as MT. Please correct any triggers as soon as possible (from a computer) to help reduce the extra work this might cause our moderators. If you need to edit a post using the app, the trigger warning, even if set previously from a desktop, will actually be deleted.

Your Privacy
Tapatalk has the ability to link to social sites: twitter/facebook. When first installing the app it asks if you would like to link to twitter. If somehow you miss this and select “ok” you will need to go to your device settings to protect your posts on isurvive from linking to twitter.
  • • Go to your main settings
    • Select Twitter
    • Turn off Tapatalk
Other Info
• To find isurvive in the app, click the function “search” in the app and enter: isurvive. Click on the result and you should see our forum.
• Tapatalk does allow for a pass code when logging in to give extra privacy on your device. You can access this option in Tapatalk’s settings.

HealingHearts

Mobile Devices: Blackberrys, Androids, iPhones & iPads

Post by HealingHearts » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks! I like taptalk!
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Together we are stronger...

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Mobile Devices: Blackberrys, Androids, iPhones & iPads

Post by Jonesy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks tommy - I know how much time you spent pulling this together.
Some very useful information here.
You are important
Email: jonesy@hush.com

tommy

Post by tommy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Currently posts from iPhone and Tapatalk are appearing without any trigger indicators.

We would like to ask that all members using the Mobile Tapatalk App, to please assist our moderating team by amending their triggers from a non-mobile device as soon as they are able.

Also all mobile Tapatalk users are asked not to post anything requiring a ST Indicator (Severe Trigger).

This is done to protect all members on site.

darkshadow

Post by darkshadow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Will it be fixed? Because otherwise it means I can never talk when I am severely triggered as using tap talk is what keeps me safe in 3D
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added NT

Harmony

Post by Harmony » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm

darkshadow,

It worked really well just now when you just put the trigger indicator into the subject line. If you don't mind I will go back and edit the trigger indicator for you as the moderator. I may take your words "no trigger" out of the subject line as I do that if ok.

Harmony

darkshadow

Post by darkshadow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:54 pm

That's fine, it's just a worry I'm sure Im not the only tap talk user that uses this to be safe as the pc is family pc
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy

Post by tommy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

darkshadow,

Vince is currently looking into another mobile App for us and I hope it may integrate our trigger system among other things.

I think adding the Trigger Reference in your subject is a good solution for you darkshadow and the moderators are aware that you are only posting from a mobile device. Thank you for checking in and being mindful of all the members' safety including yours while using the App.

darkshadow

Post by darkshadow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Thank you tommy
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy

Re: Tapatalk for Mobile Devices

Post by tommy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:41 pm

As is mentioned in this post: http://www.isurvive.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4923, Tapatalk has been disabled because of a security issue in their software.

We apologize to any of you who were using the App to access the site. We are exploring other options to enable a more user friendly interface for mobile devices.